I'm... I'm an adjective, now. Or maybe a noun. I don't know the origin of adding "sauce" to the end of adjectives like it's a suffix, which seems to turn them into nouns, but it's apparently a little more widespread than I thought. "_____-sauce." I'd only heard of "awesomesauce" and "weaksauce," but I immediately understood when Virtus described a particularly easy lesson as "simplesauce." I was in fact able to make immediate use of the word, discovering that it's now apparently a noun in the process: "Yes, this lesson was quite simplesauce. The last lesson, if you recall, was simplesauce as well. And really, I refuse to do two such simplesaucy lessons in a row, so we're mostly skipping this one."
Virtus was appreciative of my use of his word, so he and the Boys started playing around with "Gradysauce." They ultimately decided that it was best used as a stand-in for Latin; that the class was now "Gradysauce." As in, "guess what I learned in Gradysauce, today?"
So. My titles have now expanded to Ms. Grady, Mrs. Grady, Miss Grady, Miss, Grady, "Grades," occasionally "Anya" to bold students outside the classroom, and Mom. In seventh period, I teach Gradysauce.
My, how many hats I wear.
As long as they don't call you Little Grady, right? ;)
ReplyDeleteExcellent of you to suggest that. It's not like I link to this on my school website page or anything.
Delete"Little Grady" would lack context for them. For them, I am the only Grady around. Neither you nor our father are around to change my position in the Grady hierarchy. Go me.